We love a double chickpea recipe. This one’s got roasted chickpeas AND buffalo hummus.
Pita pizzas are basically the savior of work from home lunch. I know so many people this year feel like they are just constantly making food, then cleaning the kitchen, making food, then cleaning. Pita pizzas create little mess in the kitchen and are easy to mix up. You can make BBQ pita pizzas, margherita pita pizzas, taco pita pizzas, cheeseburger pita pizzas. Now say pita pizzas 5 times fast.
They’re also great for kids to help make (I imagine – I am only mother to cats).
– makes 4 pita pizzas –
- 1 (15oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1/2 cup plain hummus
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce, I used Frank’s Red Hot
- 4 pieces pita bread
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- Vegan ranch
- Extra hot sauce
- Greens (microgreens, cilantro, arugula, etc.)*
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Toss chickpea ingredients on a lined baking sheet and bake 15 minutes, stirring halfway. They’re going to get crispier on the pizzas later.
- While the chickpeas are in the oven, mix together hummus and hot sauce to make buffalo hummus. Chop your onion and celery.
- Remove chickpeas from oven. Place pitas on a baking sheet and spread with buffalo hummus, then top with chickpeas and red onion. Bake (again at 375F) for 10 minutes, broiling for the last 2 minutes.
- Remove pitas from the oven and top with celery, ranch, extra hot sauce, and greens.
*For the greens, I used Bright Fresh micro cilantro because I received it in a PR package, but you can use whatever you’d like.