If there’s one thing I could eat every day, it’d probably be this chickpea salad. That or curly fries. Or guac. Or pasta. The cucumber and red onion are crunchy, the dressing is fresh and tangy, and it all just makes for a really refreshing side dish. Also, bonus points for using up a decent amount of dill! Is anyone else always left with SO much after buying a bundle at the store? I don’t know if I’ve ever successfully finished one.
This salad is also very meal prep worthy! I make it at the start of the week and use it as a side with dinner, throw it in wraps or pitas, top some hummus toast with it, or just eat it by the spoonful straight out of the bowl. Double the recipe if you’ve got more mouths to feed or just want more for longer.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Red onion
- Cherry tomatoes
- Cooked chickpeas
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Stone ground mustard
- Maple Syrup or Agave
- Salt & Pepper
Here’s how you make it:
Prep your veggies – slice the cucumber and onion, chop the tomatoes, etc.
Drain and rinse your chickpeas.
Make the dressing, then toss it all together and refrigerate for an hour before serving so the flavors can become even more delicious.
Lemony Chickpea & Cucumber Salad with Dill
- 1 large cucumber seeds removed, sliced into half moons
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1 pint/container cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp stone ground mustard
- 1 tsp maple syrup or agave
- 1/4 cup fresh dill
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Prepare the cucumber, onion, tomatoes, and chickpeas. Place in a large bowl.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients and pour over the chickpea/vegetable mixture.
- Stir to combine, cover, and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.