Words I love to see in a recipe: garlic, lemon, butter, wine, pasta.
Make this lemony garlic and white wine spaghetti in the time it takes to boil some noods and have a glass of wine. Seriously, it takes 15 minutes. You’ll need lots of garlic, a lemon, crushed red pepper, vegan butter, white wine, vegan parmesan, herbs, and some noods (don’t pour out the pasta water).
If you like lemon and garlic, this one’s for you. If you’re not a mega fan like me, then feel free to scale back on the amount of lemon juice and cloves of garlic as it’s pretty intense!
Prep Time: 5 minutes – Cook Time: 10 minutes – Serves: 2-4
- 8 oz thick or regular spaghetti (reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water)
- 4 tbsp salted vegan butter
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper (scale back to 1/4 tsp if you’re sensitive to spice)
- The juice of 1 lemon and its zest
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup grated vegan parmesan, plus more for serving
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Fresh herbs like thyme or parsley for serving
- Cook pasta according to package instructions and reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Melt butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and crushed red pepper. Cook for about 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Pour in lemon juice and white wine. Turn the heat up to medium high and simmer until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Remove from heat and add in cooked pasta, lemon zest, and parmesan. Toss to coat, gradually adding a bit of the pasta water as needed to loosen the sauce (you likely won’t need the full 1/2 cup).
- Give it a try and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve with extra parmesan and herbs if using. Enjoy!
Serving suggestions: Prepare a green salad with roasted chickpeas or tempeh to go alongside the pasta and balance the meal out.