Words I love to see in a recipe: garlic, lemon, butter, wine, pasta.
Make this vegan lemony garlic and white wine spaghetti in the time it takes to boil some noods and have a glass of wine. Seriously, it takes 15 minutes. You’ll need lots of garlic, a lemon, crushed red pepper, vegan butter, white wine, vegan parmesan, herbs, and some noodles (don’t pour out the pasta water).
If you like lemon and garlic, this one’s for you. If you’re not a mega fan like me, then feel free to scale back on the amount of lemon juice and cloves of garlic.
What you’ll need:
- Spaghetti noodles
- Vegan butter
- Lots of garlic
- Crushed red pepper
- A lemon
- White wine
- Vegan parmesan
- Salt and black pepper
- Fresh herbs like thyme or parsley
Cooking tips for this recipe:
- Prepare ingredients in advance. This pasta comes together very quickly, so I find it easiest to have everything ready before I start.
- Make sure to salt your pasta water! It adds so much more flavor to the noodles.
- Cook your pasta al dente. You’ll be adding the noodles to the sauce while it’s still hot, so you don’t want it to overcook.
- Serve it with this summery chickpea cucumber salad with dill.
- Make a kale caesar salad with my favorite vegan caesar dressing and some roasted chickpeas or tempeh.
- Prepare a simple green salad with seasonal veggies and a lemony dressing.
- Pour a glass of wine and call it a day!
Other pasta recipes to try:
- Or this Tuscan-inspired pasta salad.
- If you’re feeling the fall vibes, try this vegan pumpkin mac and cheese.
Lemony Garlic And White Wine Spaghetti
- 8 oz thick or regular spaghetti reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water
- 4 tbsp vegan butter
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper scale back to 1/4 tsp or omit if you're sensitive to spice
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested about 1/4 cup
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup grated vegan parmesan plus more for serving
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- fresh herbs like thyme or parsley for serving
- Cook pasta according to package instructions and reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Melt butter in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and crushed red pepper. Cook for about 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Pour in lemon juice and white wine. Turn the heat up to medium high and simmer until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Remove from heat and add in cooked pasta, lemon zest, and parmesan. Toss to coat, gradually adding a bit of the pasta water as needed to loosen the sauce (you likely won’t need the full 1/2 cup).
- Give it a try and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve with extra parmesan and fresh herbs. Enjoy!