This Tuscan-inspired pasta salad is summer’s best bud.
It’s packed with cannellini beans, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh basil, red onion, black olives, vegan parmesan, and baby spinach.
For the dressing, you’ll just throw olive oil, vinegar, dijon mustard, and a handful of other seasonings into a jar and give that baby a shake. Easy, right? Plus the only things you’ll have to chop are the onion and basil.
Occasions I like to make pasta salad for include:
Picnics, backyard BBQs, family get-togethers, and potlucks.
But more often than not, I’ll just make a big batch during the week so I have something to snack on or use as a side dish for days.
So if you’ve got time to boil some pasta and throw some stuff in a bowl, this recipe’s for you!
I’ve used bowtie/farfalle pasta, but you can use any short pasta that has nooks and crannies for the dressing and other ingredients to stick to. Think fusilli, rotini, penne. I also really recommend using fresh basil here because the flavor is unbeatable. You can ultimately do whatever you like, though!
- 16 oz dry farfalle pasta
- 1 (15 oz) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 of 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup julienne-cut sun dried tomatoes in oil, oil drained*
- 1-2 cups baby spinach
- 1 (6 oz) can sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup vegan parmesan, shredded
- 1/4 cup tightly packed fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar*
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp agave or maple syrup
- 2 tsp garlic granules
- 2 tsp dry oregano
- 1 tsp kosher salt, to taste
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain, toss with a little bit of oil to prevent sticking, set aside, and allow to cool.
- Add all dressing ingredients to a jar and shake to combine.
- Toss all ingredients and the dressing in a large bowl.
- Let sit in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.
*You can subsitute 2 cups of sliced cherry tomatoes for the sun dried tomatoes
*Can substitute red wine vinegar for the white wine vinegar