This Tuscan-inspired pasta salad is summer’s best bud.
It’s packed with cannellini beans, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh basil, red onion, black olives, vegan parmesan, and baby spinach. I’ve used bowtie/farfalle pasta, but you can use any short pasta that has nooks and crannies for the dressing and other ingredients to stick to. Think fusilli, rotini, penne. I also really recommend using fresh basil here because the flavor is unbeatable.
For the pasta salad:
- Cooked pasta
- Cannellini beans
- Red onion
- Sun-dried tomatoes or sliced cherry tomatoes
- Baby spinach
- Black olives
- Vegan parmesan
- Fresh basil
For the dressing:
- Olive oil
- White wine vinegar
- Dijon mustard
- Agave or maple syrup
- Garlic – fresh or dried minced
To make it:
Cook and drain your pasta, then toss with a bit of oil to prevent sticking. Set aside and allow to cool down a bit.
Combine all pasta salad ingredients in a large bowl.
For the dressing, pour all ingredients into a jar with a tight-fitting lid and give it a good shake. Pour over top of the salad and toss to combine. Let sit in the fridge for at least an hour before serving. I find it’s even better the next day 😉
Occasions I like to make pasta salad for include: picnics, backyard BBQs, family get-togethers, and potlucks. More often than not, though, I’ll just make a big batch during the week so I have something to snack on or use as a side dish for days.
Here are some mains to try out alongside this tuscan pasta salad:
Buffalo Cauliflower & Ranch Coleslaw Pretzel Hoagies
Vegan Tuscan-Inspired Pasta Salad
- 10 oz farfalle pasta
- 1 (15oz) can cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 1/4 large red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup julienne-cut sun dried tomatoes, in oil oil drained*
- 1-2 cups baby spinach
- 1 (6oz) can sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup vegan parmesan shreds or feta
- 1/4 cup tightly packed fresh basil chopped
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar*
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp agave or maple syrup
- 3 cloves minced garlic or dried garlic granules
- 2 tsp dry oregano
- 1 tsp kosher salt to taste
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain, toss with a little bit of olive oil to prevent sticking, set aside, and allow to cool.
- Add all dressing ingredients to a jar with a lid, and shake to combine.
- Toss all ingredients and the dressing in a large bowl.
- Let sit in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.
9 thoughts on “Vegan Tuscan-Inspired Pasta Salad”
Pingback: Lemony Garlic And White Wine Spaghetti | Plants in My Pants
Pingback: Vegan Jalapeño Burgers | Plants in My Pants