Here’s how I level up a package of vegan ground beef! Jalapeño, garlic, onion, vegan Worcestershire sauce, and lots of fresh ground pepper make these juicy plant-based burgers. I opted to melt some vegan pepper jack over top and toss on some pickled jalapeños, but you can top however you see fit.
PS: These freeze well, so we like making a large batch to thaw out whenever we’re craving burgers.
PPS: I got this vegan pepper jack nice and melty with the help of a mini melting dome, which is a game changer!
- Vegan ground beef, such as Beyond or Impossible
- A jalapeño
- Vegan Worcestershire sauce
- Fresh ground pepper
- Burger buns
- Vegan cheese slices – I like pepper jack or cheddar here
- Pickled jalapeños
I’ve topped the burgers in the photos with melty vegan pepper jack (Miyoko’s) and pickled jalapeños. Some of my other favorite topping combos for these patties are:
- BBQ sauce, pickles, and coleslaw (made with vegan mayo, of course)
- Classic cheddar, red onion, lettuce, pickles, ketchup, and mustard
- Guacamole or avocado slices, pickled red onion, and corn salsa
These juicy, vegan burgers make a delicious companion to roasted veggies, homemade fries, and a number of salads. Some of my favorite salads to serve with them are:
A zingy Vegan Caesar Salad
Vegan Jalapeño Burgers
For the patties:
- 1 package vegan ground beef such as Beyond
- 1 jalapeño pepper minced, and seeded if desired
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 1 tbsp vegan worcestershire sauce*
- fresh ground pepper several cracks of
- burger buns
- vegan cheese slices such as pepper jack or cheddar
- pickled jalapeños
- Mix together vegan ground beef, minced jalapeño, garlic, onion, worcestershire sauce, and pepper in a large bowl. Form into patties (you should get 4-6 depending on how large you make them)
- Heat an oiled pan over medium-high, and cook burgers 4-5 minutes per side. In the last couple minutes of cooking, add vegan cheese slices to the tops of the patties.*
- Serve on a toasted bun with pickled jalapeños and any condiments you'd like.