We love a double chickpea recipe. This one’s got roasted chickpeas AND buffalo hummus.
These crispy buffalo chickpea pita pizzas are SO fun to make and eat. Grab some hummus and pita bread, whip them up in 30 minutes, and top with red onion, celery, a drizzle of ranch, and greens.
Pita pizzas are basically the savior of work from home lunch. I know so many people this year feel like they are just constantly making food, then cleaning the kitchen, making food, then cleaning. Pita pizzas create little mess in the kitchen and are easy to mix up. You can make BBQ pita pizzas, margherita pita pizzas, taco pita pizzas, cheeseburger pita pizzas. Now say pita pizzas 5 times fast.
What you’ll need:
- a can of chickpeas
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- cayenne pepper
- a drizzle of olive oil
- plain hummus
- hot sauce
- pita bread
- red onion
- vegan ranch
- and some greens!
What to do:
Preheat your oven to 375F. Then, on a lined baking sheet, toss chickpeas with garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, cayenne pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil. Bake for 15 minutes, stirring halfway. (PS – the chickpeas are going to get crispier on the pita pizzas later)
While the chickpeas are in the oven, mix together hummus and hot sauce to make buffalo hummus. Go ahead and chop your onion and celery, too.
Remove the chickpeas from oven. Place pitas on a baking sheet and spread with buffalo hummus, then top with the roasted chickpeas and red onion. Bake (again at 375F) for 10 minutes, broiling for the last 2 minutes or so.
Remove the pita pizzas from the oven and top with celery, ranch, extra hot sauce if you want, and greens. Enjoy!
Buffalo Chickpea Pita Pizzas
- 1 (15oz) can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper to taste
- a drizzle of olive oil
- 1/2 cup plain hummus
- 2 tbsp hot sauce* to taste
- 4 pieces pita bread
- 1/4 red onion chopped
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- vegan ranch dressing
- extra hot sauce
- greens (microgreens, cilantro, arugula, etc.)*
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Toss chickpea ingredients on a lined baking sheet and bake 15 minutes, stirring halfway. They’re going to get crispier on the pizzas later.
- While the chickpeas are in the oven, mix together hummus and hot sauce to make buffalo hummus. Chop your onion and celery.
- Remove chickpeas from oven. Place pitas on a baking sheet and spread with buffalo hummus, then top with chickpeas and red onion. Bake (again at 375F) for 10 minutes, broiling for the last 2 minutes.
- Remove pitas from the oven and top with celery, ranch, extra hot sauce, and greens.
2 thoughts on “Buffalo Chickpea Pita Pizzas”
Pingback: Vegan Caesar Dressing | Plants in My Pants