You only need 5 ingredients for these crumbles and they’re so easy to make. If you’ve got some tofu in the fridge, skip the store-bought and make these for way cheaper instead!
I love adding these crumbles to:
a big pile of nachos,
tacos and enchiladas,
spaghetti or bolognese
a hearty bowl of chili
You name it!
- 1 14 oz block extra firm tofu
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3 to 4 tbsp soy sauce (or tamari)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- To a medium sized bowl, add the nutritional yeast, soy sauce, olive oil, and liquid smoke. Whisk together.
- Crumble the tofu into small pieces and stir it into the liquid mixture.
- Spread the crumbles out on a parchment-lined baking sheet in an even layer and pop that tray in the oven.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning. (I usually will first stir it after about 20 minutes, and then every 5 to 10 minutes until it becomes nice and brown and crispy.)
- Go forth and use the baked crumbles however you desire!