Will we ever get tired of tacos? Hmm, I don’t think so.
These ones are loaded with crisp, seasoned potatoes, black beans, chopped tomatoes, and crunchy lettuce – all with a generous drizzle of vegan spicy cashew lime sauce over top.
For the Potatoes:
- 2 medium-sized russet potatoes cut into 1/2″ cubes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400F while you chop the potatoes.
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, toss potatoes with the spices (cumin, paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and cayenne pepper if using).
- Bake for about 35 minutes, stirring halfway, until potatoes are crisp. Oven temperatures vary, so you may need less or more time.
For the Spicy Cashew Lime Sauce:
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, softened*
- 1/2 cup plant milk
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1-2 tablespoons hot sauce of your choice
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until very smooth.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge.
*If you have a high-powered blender, you don’t need to soften your cashews. You can soften them by letting them soak in a bowl of water in the fridge overnight, or by placing the cashews in very hot water for 20 minutes before blending.
Assemble your tacos with the crispy potatoes and any other desired toppings such as black beans, baked tofu crumbles, chopped tomatoes, salsa, avocado, lettuce, guacamole, vegan cheese, or cilantro. Top with a drizzle of the spicy cashew lime sauce.