Well hey there! Long time no post! I just had to share these baked tofu crumbles that I’ve been using in everything lately.
You only need 5 ingredients here and they’re so easy to make. Say goodbye to expensive, laundry-list ingredient, store bought vegan meat crumbles and make these instead!
I love adding these crumbles to:
a big pile of nachos,
tacos and enchiladas,
a hearty bowl of chili (I’m working on a vegan beer chili recipe at the moment – stay tuned!)
You name it!
- 1 14 oz block extra firm tofu
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3 to 4 tbsp soy sauce (or tamari)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- In a medium sized bowl, add the nutritional yeast, soy sauce, olive oil, and liquid smoke. Whisk together.
- Crumble the tofu into small pieces and stir it into the sauce.
- Spread the crumbles out on a parchment-lined baking sheet in an even layer and pop that tray in the oven.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning. (I usually will first stir it after about 20 minutes, and then every 5 to 10 minutes until it becomes nice and brown and crispy.)
- Go forth and use the baked crumbles however you desire!