Not to be dramatic, but this is the best vegan caesar dressing I personally have ever had. It’s egg-free, dairy-free, and anchovy-free! Just plop all of the ingredients in a blender, blend until smooth, and you’ve got a tasty and easy caesar dressing.
Bonus points for homemade sourdough croutons! Just tear up some day-old sourdough, toss with olive oil/salt/pepper, and bake at 350F until toasted and golden brown.
This recipe makes a decent amount, so you can store it in a glass jar in the fridge for salads/wraps/dipping all week.
- 1 cup raw cashews, softened*
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- the juice of 1 small lemon, about 2 tablespoons, and its zest
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 large clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon vegan Worcestershire sauce*
- 1 heaping tablespoon capers
- 1 teaspoon hemp hearts
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp each of salt and freshly ground pepper, or to taste
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender, and blend until smooth.
*To soften cashews, you can soak them in water overnight or in very hot water for 30 minutes.
*My favorite vegan Worcestershire sauce is by Annie’s. If you can’t find a vegan Worcestershire sauce, you could try substituting balsamic vinegar or a mixture of soy sauce and sugar.