Excuse how stereotypically vegan this next statement is: I am obsessed with kale. Now that that’s off my chest, I figure the title of this recipe is explanation enough. Buffalo. Chickpea. Kale. Caesar. Wraps!
– Makes about 4 large wraps –
For the buffalo chickpeas:
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite vegan buffalo sauce
For the kale caesar salad:
- 4 cups curly or tuscan/dinosaur kale, chopped
- desired amount of vegan caesar dressing (recipe below)
- vegan parmesan of your choice (optional)
For the vegan caesar dressing:
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight or in hot water for 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (or extra water)
- the juice of 1 small lemon and its zest
- 1 tablespoon vegan dijon mustard
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon vegan worcestershire
- 1 heaping tablespoon non-pareil capers
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts (optional)
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- pinch of parsley flakes for color (optional)
- If making your own caesar dressing, add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Preheat your oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Toss chickpeas with smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and cayenne pepper. Add them to your baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, stirring once halfway through. When they are done roasting, toss with buffalo sauce.
- Assemble the wraps. Add kale tossed with caesar dressing and buffalo chickpeas to a whole wheat wrap. Top with vegan parmesan, extra buffalo sauce, fresh ground pepper, avocado slices, or whatever else you’d like. Fold and enjoy! Makes about 4 large wraps.
One thought on “Buffalo Chickpea Kale Caesar Wraps”
Pingback: Buffalo Chickpea Kale Caesar Wraps – Infinite Twilight