Do I need to say anything further than sun-dried tomatoes and fresh basil? And it only has, assuming you already have salt and pepper, 5 ingredients? This savory side is a great vegan dish to bring to spring and summer get togethers, and would pair wonderfully with a veggie burger or a big salad. Or you could just eat it on its own, of course. Anyways, here ya go!
Cook Time: 15 minutes – Prep Time: 5 minutes – Serves about 4 as a side
- 1 tablespoon of the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 small yellow onion, or about 1/3 of a large one.
- About 2 tablespoons of julienne cut sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 15 oz can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- A few cracks of fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional but recommended)
- A handful of fresh basil leaves, to taste
- In a non-stick pan over medium heat, add the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes or until they have softened.
- Mix in the sun-dried tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Next, add the garlic and let cook for another minute before adding the beans, salt, a few cracks of fresh pepper, red pepper flakes if using, and basil. Stir to combine and heat through for another minute or two.
- Remove from heat and enjoy!
- This dish is great both warm and cold, depending on what you’re in the mood for. You can totally make this in advance if you’re bringing it to a cook out or picnic, and serve it chilled! Just make sure to double or triple the recipe.