Sláinte! Put down the green beer and make these Irish whiskey mules this St. Paddy’s Day instead.
I’m not sure I’ve shared it on my blog, but I recently moved all the way to Indiana from my hometown of Savannah, GA. St. Patrick’s Day is especially making me miss it, but that’s okay. Cheers to new adventures!
PS: If you’ve seen the word before but didn’t know, sláinte is a toast that means health. Here’s what the ol’ Wikipedia has to say: “Sláinte means “health” in Irish and Scottish Gaelic. It is commonly used as a drinking toast in Ireland, Scotland and the Isle of Man.” Now you know! Let’s make drinks.
- 2 oz Irish whiskey
- 4-6 oz ginger beer, to taste
- Juice of 1/2 a lime (about 1 oz)
- For serving: ice, lime slices, fresh mint sprig (optional)
- Fill a glass or copper mug with ice.
- Pour in the whiskey, ginger beer, and lime juice. Stir.
- Garnish with lime slices and a sprig of fresh mint.