Here’s a great way to mix up the classic avocado toast breakfast while adding some extra nutrients and a delicious crunch.
You can also get creative and switch up the spices to your liking. It’s encouraged!
- 1 (15oz) can chickpeas
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Sourdough or ciabatta bread sliced 1/2″ thick
- Olive oil
- 1 large avocado
- Lemon juice, to taste
- Flaky sea salt, to taste
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Crushed red pepper, to taste, optional
- Fresh parsley, optional
- Preheat your oven to 375F
- Place chickpeas on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Season with salt, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and smoked paprika. Mix to combine.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- After you’ve stirred the chickpeas and placed them back in the oven, slice your bread and drizzle a bit of olive oil onto each slice. Toast.
- Slice your avocado and mash onto the toasted bread. Top with the roasted chickpeas, a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, flaky sea salt, fresh ground pepper, crushed red pepper, and parsley.