Vegan Jalapeño Burgers
Here’s how I level up a package of vegan ground beef! Jalapeño, garlic, onion, vegan Worcestershire sauce, and lots of fresh ground pepper make these juicy plant-based burgers.
For the patties:
- 1 package vegan ground beef such as Beyond
- 1 jalapeño pepper minced, and seeded if desired
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 1 tbsp vegan worcestershire sauce*
- fresh ground pepper several cracks of
- burger buns
- vegan cheese slices such as pepper jack or cheddar
- pickled jalapeños
Mix together vegan ground beef, minced jalapeño, garlic, onion, worcestershire sauce, and pepper in a large bowl. Form into patties (you should get 4-6 depending on how large you make them)
Heat an oiled pan over medium-high, and cook burgers 4-5 minutes per side. In the last couple minutes of cooking, add vegan cheese slices to the tops of the patties.*
Serve on a toasted bun with pickled jalapeños and any condiments you'd like.
*I use Annie's vegan Worcestershire sauce. If you can't find any, try substituting 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar instead.
*To get the vegan cheese nice and melty, I used a melting dome.