Vegan Tuscan-Inspired Pasta Salad
This Tuscan-inspired pasta salad is summer’s best bud. It’s packed with cannellini beans, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh basil, red onion, black olives, vegan parmesan, and baby spinach.
- 10 oz farfalle pasta
- 1 (15oz) can cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 1/4 large red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup julienne-cut sun dried tomatoes, in oil oil drained*
- 1-2 cups baby spinach
- 1 (6oz) can sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup vegan parmesan shreds or feta
- 1/4 cup tightly packed fresh basil chopped
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar*
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp agave or maple syrup
- 3 cloves minced garlic or dried garlic granules
- 2 tsp dry oregano
- 1 tsp kosher salt to taste
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper to taste
In salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain, toss with a little bit of olive oil to prevent sticking, set aside, and allow to cool.
Add all dressing ingredients to a jar with a lid, and shake to combine.
Toss all ingredients and the dressing in a large bowl.
Let sit in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.
*2 cups of sliced cherry tomatoes can be subbed for the sun-dried tomatoes
*Red wine vinegar or lemon juice can be used as a substitute for the white wine vinegar