Here’s how I level up a package of vegan ground beef! Jalapeño, garlic, onion, optional vegan Worcestershire sauce, and lots of fresh ground pepper make these juicy plant-based burgers. I opted to melt some vegan pepper jack over top and toss on some pickled jalapeños, but you can top however you see fit.
PS: These freeze well, so Peter and I like making a large batch to thaw out whenever we’re craving burgers.
PPS: I got this vegan pepper jack nice and melty with the help of a mini melting dome, which is a game changer!
Makes 5-6 patties
- 1 package vegan ground beef (I used Impossible which is 12oz, but have also used Beyond which is 16oz)
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup finely minced onion
- 1 tbsp vegan Worcestershire sauce (optional, I use Annie’s)
- A few cracks fresh ground pepper
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl and form into patties.
- Heat an oiled pan over medium-high and cook burgers 2-3 minutes per side.