If there’s one thing I could eat every day, it’d probably be this chickpea salad. That or curly fries. Or guac. Or pasta. The cucumber and red onion are crunchy, the dressing is fresh and tangy, and it all just makes for a really refreshing side dish. Also, bonus points for using up a decent amount of dill! Is anyone else always left with SO much after buying a bundle at the store? I don’t know if I’ve ever successfully finished one.
This salad is also very meal prep worthy! I make it at the start of the week and use it as a side with dinner, throw it in wraps or pitas, top some hummus toast with it, or just eat it by the spoonful straight out of the bowl. Double the recipe if you’ve got more mouths to feed or just want more for longer.
- 1 large cucumber, seeds removed, sliced into half moons
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon stone ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or agave
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- a few cracks of fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh dill
- Prepare the vegetables and chickpeas. Place in a large bowl.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients (olive oil through dill) and pour over chickpea/vegetable mixture.
- Stir to combine, cover, and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.