Okay, hear me out! This doesn’t taste like pumpkin or pumpkin pie – just cheesy deliciousness. Pumpkin purée makes this vegan mac and cheese SO creamy, plus it’s just 9 ingredients and ready in only 15 minutes.
And PLEASE, for the love of GOD! Use pure pumpkin purée and NOT pumpkin pie mix!
Yes, I did put in on a burger with pickled jalapeños. I post things like this on my Instagram (@plantsinmypants) at least 3 times a week!
Prep time: 4 minutes | Cook time: 11 minutes | Serves: about 4
- 16oz cooked pasta of choice
- 1 cup raw cashews, softened if needed*
- 1 cup pumpkin purée (NOT pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper (or black), optional
- Blend sauce ingredients (cashews through garlic).
- Stir sauce into cooked pasta, along with 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper if using.
- Serve immediately.
*if not using a high-powered blender: soften cashews by soaking in water overnight or by placing in hot water for 15 minutes prior to use