Prep time: 10 minutes – Cook time: 20 minutes – Serves about 4
- 3 medium russet potatoes, cut into cubes (about 1/2″)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 yellow onion, diced
- Vegan breakfast sausage of your choice*
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- kosher salt, to taste (about 1/4 teaspoon)
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 green onions, sliced
*I used 5 links of Field Roast’s Apple Maple Breakfast Sausage
- Boil potatoes until fork tender, and set aside.
- Warm olive oil in a large skillet/pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for about 3 minutes until starting to soften, then add the boiled potato cubes. Crisp the potatoes up for 7-10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the sausage, bell pepper, vinegar, garlic powder, nutritional yeast, and a generous pinch each of salt and pepper. Cook another 5 minutes or so, stirring often, until peppers have softened and sausage is browned.
- Taste and season with more salt and pepper if needed. Add to serving bowls and top with sliced green onions.
- Serve with ketchup, hot sauce, or whatever your heart desires!